· Description: 6U is for girls aged 4-6 who are just beginning to play softball. The basics of the game are taught, focusing on the fundamentals of throwing, catching, hitting and running. Hitting is done from a tee for beginners, and as players progress, they will learn to hit pitches thrown by a coach. Games are played against other all-girl 6U teams from other nearby CharMeck Softball Associations. The games are played with an emphasis on learning and development to prepare players for the 8U level of play. Games are not scored, though outs are recognized to reward good defensive play.
· Age Group: 4-6 years old - Girls must be 6 or under as of December 31, 2018. Some 6-year olds with experience may elect to play 8U on a case-by-case basis. Please contact the SCRA Softball Commissioner at
· Pitching: Tee-ball and coach pitch
· Games: Games will be played on Friday evening and/or Saturday. Game times TBD.
· Practice: Practice will be held one day during the week and on Saturday prior to games starting. Once games start, practice will be scheduled at coach's discretion.
· Required Equipment: Glove, batting helmet, tee-ball or softball bat, fielding face-mask
· Recommended Equipment: Softball cleats (no metal cleats allowed)
· We need coach volunteers for this new age group. Please contact the SCRA Softball Commissioners at
· Fee: 150.00