Outlined below are the details for the Holiday 3v3 Tournament at Spectrum Arena.
This tournament is designed to be more than just fun, it will be the SCRA basketball league’s fundraiser where the Charlotte Hornets will give SCRA a portion of each ticket. It’s a very special event, which I believe, will be a wonderful and memorable experience for all participants.
SCRA 3-on-3 Holiday tournament scheduled for Friday 12/27/19
- NBA game offered Hornets vs. OKC Thunder, tip off at 7:00pm
- 3v3 tournament games will take place on Hornets Arena Practice court in the afternoon from 12:00pm-3:00pm.
- Check-in will run from 11:30AM-12PM. At check-in, all participants will be required to sign a waiver and will receive a wristband that must be worn throughout the duration of the tournament.
- Please arrive at the 5th street main entrance (next to the Hornets fan shop) dressed and ready to play
- Restrooms will be available but there will be no locker room access
- Participants will be allowed to bring in water. Water fountains will be available for refills
- The tournament is Co-Ed and coaches are NOT required.
- All attendees will have VIP access to watch pregame warmups down by the court at 4:45pm
- Winners in each division will get prizes and will also participate in a special on-court experience with the Hornets
- 5 player roster maximum per team.
- Registration Divisions includes: 8U, 10U, 12U, 14U
- Individuals may also sign up and be assigned a team in an age division
- All individual and team registrations will be done on the SCRA website (www.southcharlotterec.com)
- All TICKETS MUST BE PURCHASED using the link provided below
- Your ticket is your official registration for the event. It includes admission into the arena for the tournament and also to the NBA game later that afternoon.
- You must use the official Hornets Event Registration link below to secure your registration and tickets for the December 27 game.
• Parents and friends may support SCRA by purchasing tickets to the game without attending the 3v3 tournament.
Spectrum Center 3-on-3 Tournament Rules
• There will be a brief warm-up period before the first game. Team photos will be taken during this time by the Hornets photographer (1 game only).
• Games will be 12 minute running clock or up to 11 points.
• Substitutions are allowed at each dead ball. Please do so quickly.
• Coaches are not required but are permitted
• Fouls will go side out until the 5th foul. Beyond the 5th foul will result in a 1-1 FT attempt.
• Every foul in the last minute of the game will result in 2 FT’s for the other team.
• There will not be a half time
• Overtime will be a 2 min sudden death followed by a FT shootout if no score occurs.
• All calls by the officials will be final ruling. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
• No spectators will be allowed on the court at anytime.
*Rules subject to change based on league discretion.*