Football age is based on player age on July 31st; please refer to program divisions below.
Parent Meeting: TBD
Paperwork can be turned in to your coaches. No equipment will be issued unless all paperwork is turned in and full program payment is made. An equipment deposit check in the amount of $100 will be required when all paperwork is submitted. The check will NOT be deposited unless equipment is not turned in at the end of the season.
Jamboree: 2-3 weeks after start of season
Games begin: approx 4 weeks after start of season
Team Formation Notes
Players that sign up before Aug 1st and have paid the registration fee will be assigned to their respective teams. Players that sign up after Aug 1st may be waitlisted depending on the number of registrants. Players will not be officially placed on a roster until their registration fee is paid. Unpaid registrations are deleted after 48 hours.
The ability to form teams for some ages is dependent on the number of registrations we receive. Most challenging for 2022 will be teams for 13 and 14 year olds as well as 5 year olds. Players at these ages should register ASAP and get your friends to register. This will let us determine the ability to create teams. Refunds will be issued in accordance with our Refund Policy if you cannot be placed on a team. Additionally, we will work with other assoications in our league to find you a team when possible. But the first step is to register as soon as possible.
Special Notice to Returning Players
If you are a returning South Charlotte player and want to play on the same team as last year with the same coach/coaches, whether or not that team is moving up to the next division, you are guaranteed a spot on that team provided the following conditions are met:
1. You register and are paid in full prior ASAP.
2. You qualify under the age restrictions.
Program Divisions (Updated May 24, 2022)
The Pop Warner Little Panthers League offers the opportunity for participants from 5 years of age to 14 years of age to play football in the league.
The exact divisional alignment scenario for 2022 has been determined.
AGE DETERMINATION IS AS OF JULY 31st.
Pop Warner Division Information
Our Divisional Alignment is below. This has been finalized by our league and also this is matching neighboring leagues in the Gastonia area & Columbia, SC area - allowing us for more schedule flexibility and opportunities.
Divisions for the younger kids (5 Year Olds to 9 Year Olds):
Tiny-Mite and Mitey-Mite will have the traditional weight limits.
Our goal is to field a 9U and a Mitey Team. If we only have enough registrations for 1 team at this age level, then it will most likely be a 9U team.
Divisions for the older kids (9 Year Olds to 14 Year Olds):
Anyone playing up (example: a 9 year old at the 11u division) is required to have previous TACKLE FOOTBALL EXPERIENCE (may require an evaluation) and will require the approval of the SCRA Football Director and the Head Coach. This will be an extreme RARE occurance.
The Older Divisions:
The older divisions (14U and 13U) is our toughest divisions to field a team due to CMS/Union County/etc middle schools holding football tryouts so late compared to the start of our season. Players planning to try out for middle school ball should register during the open registration period. If the player makes the middle school team, they are welcome to return to the Patriots team at the conclusion of the middle school season in accordance with the policy below. NO REFUNDS are given for players leaving the program for a middle school team.
At this time every assoication is attempting to field a 13U team and there are about 4 attempting to field 14U teams. Travel will be part of the 14U team - but at the same time, 14U teams have a very good chance at the regional post season playoffs and making it to the National Championships in Orlando.
If your child intends to try out for Middle School football, pleaseclick here for a detailed explanation of our Middle School player policy.
Required Documentation for Registration
The Pop Warner Program places an emphasis on good sportsmanship, safety, and scholastics. The completion and submittal of additional paperwork will be required to finalize your registration. The following forms and information are required. More information will be provided about the collection of these forms.
1. Participant Contract and Parental Consent- This Pop Warner document is the basic registration form and contract signed by participants and their parents agreeing to the rules of Pop Warner. Please click here for pdf form. Additionally, by signing up with South Charlotte Recreation Association, families agree to the Association's Code of Conduct, which can be found here.
2. Physical Fitness & Medical History Form- This Pop Warner form is a signed statement from an examining physician licensed in North Carolina that a candidate is physically fit and there are no observable conditions that would prohibit his or her participation in football. Please Note – The Physical Examination Form must be dated after January 1st of current year. Please click herefor the Pop Warner Form. A school physical form or doctor's form may be used in place of the Pop Warner physical form (Page 2), but it must be dated after January 1, 2022, and must be accompanied by PAGE 1 of the Pop Warner Form.
3. Proof of Age- A copy of the birth certificate is required. Passports may be used as well as Military ID cards.